Second half wasn't as great as the first, but man, this stuff is made of win.
With a good helping of polish this could be great. The tone of the movie isn't really consistant--is it trying to be horror or humor? This execution proves you can't have both sometimes.
Great effort though.
Had my laughing pretty hard but the effect is diminished the second time you watch it. Great, though!
Not bad for an amateur attempt, I suppose. Here are my suggestions for improving it:
- Speed up combat, a lot. On top of that, add some flair. Characters barely move when they do anything
- The walking animation seemed too slow which is something considering Jash is taking his time already
- Add some text to the save screen in the beginning, I had no idea what it was and just mashed buttons when I was presented with a bunch of blank rectangles. Also, why make me select "save" as well? Just let me pick the slot and go.
- Was Amara's spiel necessary? It's like, "Hey, I've played an RPG before, shut the hell up. I don't need you explaining things 'in context'."
- I didn't get far, probably because enemies in the very beginning of the game taking five hits is bullshit. Make it one, two max.
- "Miss"ing is not fun. Remove it or make base accuracy 100%.
Finally, get player feedback before you release the game next time. If you did, consider getting it from somewhere else because they didn't help much. Don't get discouraged, just keep learning and I'm sure this will become something decent.
Professional Quality, But...
As others have said, the controls. Specifically, though, the lack of ability to jump while dashing on the ground. I guess it isn't like other games I've played before in that respect.
Fine game, but the action levels could use some music. Most of the sounds, namely the voice acting, are annoying and detract from the experience.
Made me lol
Definitely better than some of the originals.
Oh, come on; your originals weren't THAT bad! ;)
Still, thanks for your review! Happy birthday! :D
I've always found that the best pictures to sabotage others' desktops with are either pics of horse cocks or gratuitously hardcore gay porn. They'll never forget to log out again.
No. No, they will not. :P
Thanks for your review! It was appreciated! :D
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.